Tuesday, May 22, 2012

SLPS Recipe Collection

Last week I received the recipe collection I've been eagerly awaiting from my sister-in-law. She has been collecting recipes from all over since she was married 10 years ago. Let me tell you: it is huge and fabulous! I haven't even covered half of what's in there yet and already tried something out of it last night (brown sugar rubbed chicken, yum!). She sent me all the pages so I needed to put them together to make a book. I'm so happy with how it turned out. Take a look!

I printed out the cover and side cover from Prudent Baby on some card-stock and slid them into my 1 1/2 inch binder.
I printed these tabs out from Maia The Bee, laminated them, and then cut them out. Then I taped them to a blank piece of card-stock to serve as my dividers. It works great!

I'm so thrilled with my SLPS Recipe Collection! Thanks so much Jenn for sending it to me!

Here is the recipe for Brown Sugar Rubbed Chicken if you're interested:

Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp paprika
2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder

Directions:

1. Preheat grill to medium-high. Combine sugar and spices in a resealable plastic bag. Wash hands. Add chicken to bag, one piece at a time, shaking to coat. Transfer to plate. Spray on both sides with nonstick cooking spray. Wash hands.

2. Grill chicken, turning frequently to avoid burning sugar, 10-12 minutes or until done (internal temp 170 degrees).

3. Tip: if using frozen chicken, rinse off ice glaze and pat dry before placing in bag with spices and increase cooking time by about one-third.

Jess

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Hey.....wanna make me a binder! Haha, just kidding. You've inspired me to dress mine up a bit better!
    PS - I already have two more recipes to add (I need to email you the index so as I give them to you and you collect your own, you can update your own index). :-) PS - I'll post about this on my blog in a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..I'm so glad you posted that recipe. I might give it try this weekend! Coming by from your SIL's blog.

    ReplyDelete