Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Grocery List Holder

So as I said a couple days ago, I'm addicted to Pinterest (if you want an invite let me know). I have found so many good ideas on there including this one. I found free, printable grocery lists from this website. I wanted to keep this somewhere I could get to it easily and jot down things as I thought of them. FRIDGE!

Now my hubby is a little picky about what goes on our fridge. He doesn't want it to get too cluttered and neither do I (but I do love magnets and I have a lot of them...). I decided to make a cute folder to keep my grocery list in that would look pretty. This is what I did:

Materials:
  • Pretty paper of your choice
  • Cheap paper folder
  • Stick on alphabet letters
  • Scissors 
  • Tape
  • Magnet 
  • Sewing machine (optional)
 Step One: I did not want the folder I was using to swing open while it was hanging on the fridge so I cut the front cover off. I wanted to use the front side since it was a solid color. I cut the flap that holds that paper inside the folder out so that I could attach it to the front. Sorry if this part is not making much since.

I forgot to take pictures as I went along...oops

 Step Two:  Cut out the correct size of pretty paper you want. I put some in the back of the folder and on the front flap. (I want my kitchen colors to be blue and yellow someday so I choose yellow paper and a blue folder)



Step Three: Place the paper on the folder the way you want it. There are several ways you can attach the paper to the folder: tape, glue, or even a sewing machine. I decided to go this route because I thought a zig-zag pattern would look really nice and a bit more professional than glue or tape. If you prefer not to use a sewing machine there are plenty of other ways to get a more polished look like a fabric boarder.

* If using a sewing machine be sure to practice on some scraps first and be sure to put tape over where you being and end on the back of the folder so the thread does not come loose.


Sorry it's a bit fuzzy

 Step Four: Once you place the paper one the folder attach the flap to the front to slide your list in.


Step Five: Glue your magnets to the back of the folder (I used a roll of magnets that you could just unroll, cut, and were sticky on the back so you could just stick them to whatever...super easy!)





 Step Six: Attach you letters wherever you like and admire your handy work!

Super Fun

And Super Easy!

Jess

2 comments: