Monday, January 23, 2012

Fashion Forward

Fashion has never been one of my strong suits. Throw on t-shirt and some jeans and I'm ready to go. Now that I'm married and have a steady job I feel like this look is a bit immature for me but I'm stuck in my college threads.

I've lately become addicted to Pintrest which has opened a whole new world of fashion to me! I stumbled onto some fabulous style blogs. These have become my new inspiration for a new, fashion forward wardrobe:
Kendi Everyday
Sterling Style
9to5 Chich

Kendi gives some great tips on creating a working closet. I'm going to use these tips (and a few others such as these wardrobe essentials from Real Simple magazine) to create a more grown up style for me. I also plan to use the oh-so-fabulous advice from fashion gurus Stacy London and Clinton Kelly of TLC's What Not To Wear. I've already picked up on a few things from them: neutrals will match everything (navy, gray, khaki, denim, black), wear just one print at a time, don't be too matchy-matchy with your jewelry, and if you're a busty girl (defiantly me and not all it's cracked up to be) v-necks and wrap around tops are a good choice.  

Even with these great tips I still have trouble putting outfits together so this is my plan. By looking at all the things on Pintrest that have caught my eye, I've discovered that I love botton-ups under sweaters. I also really enjoy classic looks inspired by the amazing Audrey Hepburn. I completely admire the fashion sense she had (who doesn't?).  I'm going to for basics and staples and then find things I can play around with. Keni suggests spending time to think about what you can mix and match the piece of clothing you are thinking of getting with. I usually just grab it and if it fits it's bought. I usually don't take time to think about what I already have that it could go with. Then I run into a problem of not having anything that matches and never wear it. I will most certainly start doing this before I buy stuff.

Hopefully all this fashion advise I've collected will help me create a more grown up and sophisticated style. Do you have any style tips that have worked well for you? I'll take all the advise I can get!


Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment