Monday, June 11, 2012

It Is Finished!....Almost

We finally got it done! We took out the old, block flower box that was in the front of our house. It looks so great! The flower box had gone beyond repair just within the past couple of years so if was replaced with some beautiful hydrangeas. Now that the hard part is over there are just a couple more little changes to be made. I want to put a long flower box right under our picture window and fill it with bright red geraniums and some sort of pretty draping flower. It's going to be gorgeous all together! I also want to do a bit more mulching and get some sort of liner to put at the edge of the mulch so it won't leach out into the yard. What do you think?
Before 
Getting there
Knocking out the last bit of the wall (we kept the block that had the date it was built. We're going to put it somewhere in the flower bed. Neat huh?)
So close you can taste it!
FINISHED!!
Doesn't it look great?! Please look over the block piled up in the yard. I just couldn't wait!
Didn't Patrick do such a great job? He helped me dig all the holes and mulch. There's also that little thing of him knocking out the block box and moving an actual TON of dirt! He's so dedicated to me and my flowers :)
We even had enough mulch left over to cover the side of the house. I'm just so thrilled with how everything turned out!
As promised, here are the pictures of my nieces and nephews playing on the giant water bag my Dad and I made:
Filling the bag up.
It was an instant hit!
We will defiantly be doing this again.
We just love our home :D

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment